Saturday, September 26, 2020

Theme: The Food Connection

 Happy Saturday, Gardeners (and Chefs)!

I love growing food, but I'm not much of a cook. 

I love the process and seeing what folks do around the world with amazing ingredients. I appreciate the science behind it, as well as the tradition, history, and human connection.

Some great food docu-series came out on Netflix this week and I wanted to share my favorites with you:

- The Taco Chronicles

- The Great British Baking Show

- The Chef Show

- Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat - featuring Berkeley's Samin Nosrat

- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner

- Ugly Delicious - which features one of my favorite restaurants in Fruitvale, Oakland, "Reem's California" - amazing Palestinian food!


I'm so inspired by watching people cook! 

It helps me decide what to grow and to stay connected to the seasons as our amazing planet cycles around the sun.

Have a great weekend, Everyone, Everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme: Cycle Stories

  Good day, Gardeners! We usually make "Cycle Stories" in the Fall. Today we tried this activity in Spring!  We found many amazing...